GOPDC consists of:
• 21,500 ha of oil palm plantations:
• a 60 MT/h fresh fruit bunch palm oil mill;
• a 60 MT/day palm kernel mill;
• a 2 MT/h palm kernel cake pellet plant;
• a 100 MT/day refinery and fractionation plant;
• a jerrycan and filling plant where the company's "King's" brand of vegetable oil is packaged;
• two tank farms with a combined storage capacity of 16,000 tonnes of finished products;
• a 30 MT/h boiler with 2.5 MW turbine; and
• a water treatment plant.
Besides the industrial plantations, GOPDC also contributes to the development of plantations of many individual farmers. The outgrowers scheme currently benefits more than 7,000 independent farmers. These farmers purchase high quality seedlings and fertilizer from the company. GOPDC equally assures a ready market for their crop at a price which is linked to the sales revenue of the oil produced.
The company has been and still is today the driving force of development in the region. It is estimated that the company provides indirectly an income to not less than 50,000 people.
For additional information on GOPDC Ltd please visit www.gopdc-ltd.com.