Internal Social Charter
For a favorable and fulfilling work environment, the SIAT Group issues a code of conduct with values oriented towards the respect and the integrity of people.
Consequently, SIAT Group commits to:
- Ensure that the recruiting process is done objectively with no discrimination of any nature such as, and not limited to, religion, gender, ethnical background or physical appearance of the candidate,
- Promoting career development by encouraging internal promotion,
- Enhance staff’s capabilities through suitable training programs,
- Encourage and facilitate representative bodies of workers,
- Ensure satisfying living conditions for all workers and families by providing acceptable housing with access to electricity and water,
- Provide regular medical check-ups for the staff and ensure that they and their families have access to proper medical care,
- Facilitate access to healthy food, where necessary,
- Ensure that transport of workers is done in suitable and safe vehicles,
- Do the necessary to minimise occupational risks on all industrial sites,
- Respect the rights and obligations of women during the maternity period with regard to maternity leave and breast feeding.
Each staff member commits to, subject to sanctions:
- Comply with all the recommendations concerning health, safety, and environmental issues,
- Not to access his/her workplace under influence of alcohol and not to introduce illicit substances or alcohol within the company premises,
- Not to exercise moral or physical pressure (threats, violence, insults, sexual harassment…) on the staff,
- Not to use company property for personal purposes, without the authorization of the employer,
- Not to hunt or transport protected animal species within SIAT’s concessions,
- Not to incite, through meetings, conversations, petitions etc…troubles and disorder within SIAT’s concessions,
- If pregnant or breastfeeding, workers commit not to accept any work position exposing her to hazardous chemical products.
These goals are only achievable with the involvement and commitment of all workers and stakeholders of SIAT Group of Companies.