Responsible for the civil works project within the Siat group Subsidiaries in Nigeria including but not exclusively:
• Concrete foundation for equipment.
• Industrial building
• Concrete floor
• Housing estate
• Prepare the specification and Bill of quantities (BOQ) with regards to civil works projects.
• Help local subsidiary team with contractor selection.
• Ensure that the execution of the civil work job will be done timely and in quality.
• Work as a team with the group industrial project engineer
• Liaise with the local civil works team in each subsidiary.
• Develop innovations, improvements, objectives and plans for the department with the technical director.
• Prepare with the Group Technical Director the civil works budget for the department.
• Ensure that operations (including those of contractors) conform to environmental policies, guidelines and laws.
• Ensure that operations (including those of contractors) conform to occupational health and safety policies, guidelines and laws.
• Keep abreast of industry best practice.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Respect of execution time
• Respect of Quality
• Respect of budget
• Nigeria CTO
• Group CTO
• General service staff
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
• Open mindset for different cultures
• English spoken and written / French is an asset
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Local civil works manager
• Project engineer (group level and subsidiary level)
• External engineering office and architects
PROFILE-REQUESTED BACKGROUND AND COMPETENCIES
• Hands on civil works engineer
• Analytical and Planning skills
• ability to interpret drawings
• Concrete and metal structure knowledge
• Degree Qualified : B.Eng, B.Sc etc or lower Technical Qualification With preferably 10 years of experience .
• Office (Word, Exell, PPT,…)