Focus : Creation of the committee on gender parity and equality
Joyce Ewudzie, nursery assistant and gender committee responsible
Mariama Diallo, HSE responsible
The Committee started in October 2017. It consists of 21 members selected from all workers’ categories (manage-ment, senior staff, junior staff and contractual workers). It was established with as main goal:
- Promote gender equality;
- Address particular concerns to women;
- Provide workers with an appropriate grievance mecha-nism, against all forms of undesired sexual behaviour, whether directly or implicitly, and any other form of human rights violation at the workplace.
The Committee’s day-to-day role related to harassment can be defined as:
- Mediate in case of harassment incidents or any other form of human rights violation at the workplace,
- Support and protect plaintiffs, while safeguarding their anonymity,
- Inquire about the harassment complaints or any other form of human rights violation at the workplace,
- Determine whether appropriate sanctions or discipli-nary measures can be taken without substituting legal procedures,
- Raise awareness with the workers on this subject to en-courage good behaviour.